22 February 2010

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

As for me ...

This week I definitely did NOT forget to give my husband his Valentine's Day card. That must have been the same person who also forgot to give him his Christmas card - certainly not me. And if it were me, there'd be no way I still have NOT given it to him!

While Keat was gone for training this week, there is absolutely NO way I played "Words with Friends" with myself using both of our iTouches. Nope. I'm NOT too embarrassed in my skill -- err, lack thereof -- to play with a random person or with anyone else I know.

And my all time favorite thing I did NOT do this week ... Oh, boy. I needed to pick up some floss threaders while shopping this week (little blue plastic things that thread floss through my retainer so I can floss those teeth, too). While comparing prices, I figured it was better to pay the same price and buy Super Floss, which comes with the floss attached to a threader, rather than buy just the threaders and then have to purchase floss in addition. You know, the 50 cents for floss (after coupon) was just too much. I ended up saving $.50. The Super Floss definitely was NOT a lot thicker than regular floss. There is NO WAY that while flossing with said "Super" Floss my retainer came un-bonded on one side!! (For those of you who haven't had braces, it basically came unglued on one side.) This is something I had to get fixed; who wants a loose piece of metal poking into their tongue all day? Plus there was the risk of completely breaking the retainer if it wasn't repaired soon. There is NO way I called every single orthodontist and about ten regular dentists in the phone book and only one had an opening for the week. I did take the appointment, but there is NO WAY it cost $80.00 to get the retainer fixed! It would totally NOT be worth the saved $.50 to have to repair a retainer, so that definitely did NOT happen this week!

What did you NOT do this week?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man! I am sorry about the retainer situation! I had braces years ago, but i still have to use those blue threaders thingies to floss b/c i have veneers.

Charity said...

Thanks for sharing, sorry about the 50 cents costing, well a little more than that...

Carolee Hollenback said...

I hate when that happens.

Just as bad- my son lost his somewhere around here. Got a new one- he found the old one.

Now both are missing, and this kid is 18! Our house isn't that big!

errrr.........

S.I.F. said...

I am such a words with friends addict! It takes up way too much of my day!

Blog Layout