07 February 2010

"I Wanna Be a Hippie!" Sunday

Keaton calls me a hippie.

Not a "free love", joint-smoking type of hippie. Just a natural, healthy, organic hippie.

We are not at a financial state where the ONLY items I purchase for our home are organic. Plus, I don't think organic is always necessary. But when I have the choice and it seems logical, affordable, and reasonable, I do try to make choices that I think are more healthy. Thankfully, living in Florida where produce is very fresh (and we have Publix and New Leaf Market!) it is easy to obtain natural or organic items.

At first I had a tough time convincing Keat that it was okay for him to eat organic things, use natural products, or try homeopathic remedies instead of prescriptions. He used to laugh at me when I brought home organic milk (or, as he says, "hippie milk"), but now he actually prefers it! He says it's very creamy. He actually admits he likes a lot of the food he used to make fun of. He's coming around. He even asked me for echinacea the other day!

On my blog, I'll be writing about "natural" things as I figure them out. Not just food things, but all kinds of things - cleaning, personal care, gardening, homeopathy. My hope in writing it all down is two-fold. First, it will help keep me on track! I tend to be very forgetful, so if I have all my research and ideas in one place it will be much easier for me to remember everything I've learned. Second, it would be great if I could help other "new hippies" out there - people like me who are not experts, just normal people trying to live a healthy life.

Now let me offer a warning: I do not have it all figured out. I'm sure that all of the natural things I will be sharing are kind of "duh" tidbits for people who have been living the organic life for awhile. This is a new journey for me, though, so every miniscule little thing I learn and every new product I find useful are going to be amazing to me! If you'd rather read from people who have "been there, done that" for a lot longer, try going here, or here.

For the rest of you, who are still in the process of learning what it means to live "naturally", please come along on my ride! We'll have some fun, and hopefully help each other learn some things along the way.

If (according to Keat) living naturally is being a hippie, and everything I've learned so far about natural living is true, then sign me up! I wanna be a hippie!

1 comment:

Keat said...

your such a hippie haha.

Blog Layout